Quick Grammar Revision for Year 5-10
Click Here for the Slides: Slides for Grammar Revision
A philosopher once said, ‘Half of good philosophy is good grammar.’ ~A. P. Martinich
Why is Grammar Important?
It provides information that helps the reader’s comprehension. It is the structure that conveys precise meaning from the writer to the audience. Eliminate grammatical errors from your writing, and reward your readers with clear communication.
- This course is suitable for students from Year 5 to Year 10.
The building blocks of grammar are the eight parts of speech:
- Verbs: express actions, events, or states of being.
- Nouns: name a person, animal, place, thing, or abstract idea.
- Pronouns: take the place of nouns or another pronoun.
- Adjectives: modify nouns or pronouns by describing, identifying, or quantifying them. An adjective usually precedes the noun or the pronoun which it modifies.
- Adverbs: modify a verb, adjective, another adverb, a phrase, or a clause and indicate manner, time, place, cause, or degree. Adverbs can be recognized because they answer the question of how, when, where, or how much. Adverbs often end in ly.
- Prepositions: link nouns, pronouns, and phrases to other words in a sentence and usually indicate a relationship of time, space, or logic.
- Conjunctions: link words, phrases, and clauses
Students can easily access all of these topics in this courseware to help them understand and learn better to improve on their grammar in terms of reading and writing. Attached above also includes several worksheets that were provided by Grammarbank.com, where students can practice and test out their Grammar Skills once they are done studying the Slides.
- This course will take only an hour to complete: 60 Minutes
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes